Enterprise Specifications, Requirements & Lifecycle Software
Build Your Products the Right Way
Apps I Software I Systems I Devices
Manage Any Project OR Product
Visual Trace Spec is a scalable enterprise solution for specification, analysis, design, testing and project management. Visual Trace Spec provides a unified approach that is equally effective for:
- Developing software, systems, embedded systems, medical devices, apps and more.
- Managing multiple products parallely and reusing data across products or projects.
- All project stakeholders e.g., systems engineers, software engineers, business analysts, project managers, contractors and business leaders.
- Any type of process developement such as agile, waterfall, spiral, v-model, scrum and custom processes.
- Working from any device (PC, Mac, iPad and more) from any geographic location.
Visual Trace Spec combines the power of a word processor and a spreadsheet to let you control and manage projects to meet your schedule, cost, and quality goals. Use Visual Trace Spec’s tracking features to:
- Automatically identify requirements.
- Track requirements and record additional information about those requirements using standard and custom attributes.
- Link requirements with parent-child relationships and/or peer-to-peer relationships.
- Allocate requirements to your system and software components.
- Link requirements to files and documents stored in Visual Trace Spec’s control system.
- Effortlessly share and track requirements across numerous projects.
- Track the status of requirements.
- Automatically track requirement change history.
Use Visual Trace Spec to create specifications that are traceable throughout product development and maintenance lifecycle.
- Specify requirements with user stories, use cases or hierarchical requirements lists or custom format.
- Supplement specifications with embedded objects (RTF fragments such as formatted text, tables, images, etc.).
- Create detailed or deriving requirements specifications with parent-child relationships with unlimited depth. The structure is automatically reflected in document output.
- Reuse specifications with project templates and project sharing.
- Define your own prefixes for identification of different types of requirements. For example, FR could be used for identifying functional requirements, whereas UR might be used for identifying user requirements.
- Collaborate on requirements specification without geographical location constraints.
Reporting and Document Generation
Visual Trace Spec stores individual requirements along with links to other system components and their descriptive attributes. Visual Trace Spec also provides a full-featured query utility that uses these links and attributes effectively. The result is a reporting system that is exceptional in scope and power. Visual Trace Spec lets you generate:
- Specification documents.
- Reports using custom filtering.
- Requirements change history, baseline comparison, and traceability reports.
- Pie and bar charts by priority, status, release, and source.
Visual Trace Spec makes it easy for users to implement efficient and effective software testing, thereby guaranteeing the quality and value of the final product for customers. With Visual Trace Spec:
- Trace requirements to test cases and/or test steps.
- Create test case libraries.
- Reuse test cases.
- Use auto-notification to notify test case results to users.
- Manage test case versions.
Interface with Other Tools
Visual Trace Spec streamlines systems development and makes it trouble-free:
- Import requirements from existing documents (WORD, XML, XLS, text, and HTML formats)
- Edit requirements offline in a spreadsheet or word processor
- Reconcile changes with your database
- Interface with other web tools and software applications:
- With the export/import utilities and/or
- Visual Trace Spec API
As requirements evolve throughout the lifecycle of the system, they can change in nature, scope, and content to become more consistent, precise, and clear. Understanding how changing requirements affect the system is challenging because requirements connections to other system components also evolve over time. Visual Trace Spec features a unique and powerful traceability matrix that shows the complex relationships among requirements, system and software components, and other artifacts. This traceability matrix allows you to:
- Quickly and easily identify the impact of requirements changes on the system.
- Use Boolean logic to identify complex relationships between requirements and other system components.
- Easily reconcile requirements changes.
- Find requirements not linked to other requirements.
- Centralized shared repository
- Send auto and manual notifications
- Manage discussion threads for each item
- Concurrency control in multi-user environment
- Access control by user groups
Change Management with Baselining and History Tracking
Do your clients keep changing their minds? Visual Trace Spec takes the worry out of tracking development history and determining the impact of changes to requirements through effective features for managing changes:
- Lock/unlock capabilities to prevent unauthorized changes
- Automatic versioning
- History reporting
- Rollback capabilities to access previous versions
- Baselining of all project artifacts
- Auditing attribute changes
Fully Customizable to fit your Process
Visual Trace Spec is fully customizable with:
- Custom Attributes
- Link Types
- Link Attributes